Another yummy chicken recipe coming your way!
I am making this a nice quick post today because the Patriots Game is starting soon and I need to hurry and claim the comfy sweet spot on the couch before Adam takes it. He can be very nimble that guy. Anyways, I just wanted to get this out because it is one of my favorite ways to make boneless skinless chicken breasts.
This Lemon Cumin Chicken recipe beautifully combines the bright citrus flavor of lemon with the very distinctive spicy, nutty and earthy tones of cumin. It’s also a great way to use an ingredient that tends to otherwise be neglected in my kitchen – I’m talking about the cumin of course 🙂
This marinade preparation is just as easy as my Lemon Tuscan Chicken With Rosemary and Oregano. The ingredients that you will need are extra virgin olive oil, lemons, ground cumin, garlic cloves, kosher salt, cracked black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
All you need to do is combine all the ingredients into a bowl and whisk together until emulsified. Pour the marinade over boneless skinless chicken breasts and marinate for 4-8 hours in the fridge.
When the chicken is ready, remove it from the marinade and place the chicken on a large plate. I also like to spoon some of the extra marinade over the breasts for more flavor, especially if I am grilling. The bits and pieces in the marinade are delicious and I love how they cook with the chicken. Just be careful; if you are grilling it may cause the grill to flare a tad. (I’ve never had it be crazy though.) Season both sides of the marinated chicken with kosher salt and cracked black pepper before you throw on the grill. (The steps will be the same if you decide to sauté in a skillet instead of grilling.)
Cook the chicken on a hot grill or skillet drizzled with 1 teaspoon of olive oil for 4-6 minutes per side. Remove the chicken when the breasts are firm to the touch but not completely stiff (about 8-12 minutes total cook time).
Then just remove the cooked chicken from the heat, allow to rest for a couple minutes, and dig in!!
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- zest of 1 whole lemon
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and whisk until emulsified
- Pour marinade over boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Marinade (covered) in refrigerator for 4-8 hours
- Remove chicken, place on large plate and spoon a little leftover marinade over the breasts (you can dredge the chicken in the leftover marinade instead before placing on plate)
- Season both sides of breasts with kosher salt and cracked black pepper and grill (or sauté) for 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken breasts are firm to touch but not completely stiff
- Serve immediately